Tours & Parties
At Mapleton's we believe that education is the way to inform and inspire individuals to know where and how their food is produced and to take charge of their environment.
Experience the whole process, from farm to table, that makes our organic milk, ice cream, and yogurt the best tasting anywhere.
Ride the hay wagon, meet the animals in our demonstration barn, find your way through the cedar hedge maze, and learn how ice cream is produced. (Due to health and safety reasons, tours are not permitted in the production plant.)
Community Group Tours
We welcome community group tours of children and/or adults. Groups can choose one of the topics offered for school groups or we can offer a based tour on a specfic interest.
Over the years we have welcomed hundreds of guests to our farm including international guests from Holland, Germany, Austria, Mexico-just to name a few.
Please contact us for more information.
School Field Trips
Tours can cover many aspects of the Ontario Curriculum for Science and Technology, Social Studies, and Geography.
Throughout the year, students can learn about our cows, how our farm represents an ecosystem or other topics.
Some tour activities vary based on the season. For example, in the fall groups can explore the life cycle of the pumpkin culminating with everyone selecting their very own pumpkin to take home.
For more information and to book a tour please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 519-638-1115
Standard Tour Activites (90 minutes to 2 hours)
- Interact with animals in the barnyard
- See the cows being milked
- Wagon ride
- Enjoy an organic ice cream cone
- Students can explore our cedar hedge maze
Students are welcome to bring a packed lunch to enjoy the farm.
*School field trips can also be customized to your needs. Please inquire when booking.
Pricing for School Groups
$10.00/student +HST (ages 3 and up, minimum 10)
$5.00/additional adults +HST
Teachers and Early Childhood Educators are complimentary
Pricing is based on standard 90-minute to two-hour tour, followed by free time and an ice cream cone.
*Customized tours for high school, college and university students are available. Please call or email for more information and pricing.
- Please confirm final numbers at least one week prior to your tour.
- Everyone should be prepared with outdoor clothing and foot wear
- Dividing the group into smaller groups of appromimately 20 students work best for the tour. Feel free to think of these groups ahead of time or we can form them upon arrival at the farm.
- In the event of (very rare) severe inclement weather, we reserve the right to cancel the wagon ride.
Parties & the Mapleton's Party Shed
As of Spring 2018, we are not booking parties.