Hiring Farm Store Position
Farm Store and Cafe Manager
Mapleton's Organic Farm Store and Cafe is a family farm, processing plant and farm store.
The farm store and cafe are open year round serving ice cream, light lunches and assorted products including bulk ice cream, yogurt, frozen yogurt, pastured meats and other assorted products.
We are currently looking for a motivated individual to manage the Store & Cafe thoughout the year.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Opening/ closing the farm store cafe
- Food preparation, cooking and baking
- Serving customers & responding to customer inquiries
- Managing product inventory including ordering, coordination with butcher, stocking freezers
- Reviewing sales results and customer feedback
- Displaying products in an appealing way that encourages sales
- Suggest and execute promotions to increase awareness of the store and increase sales of specific products as needed
- Recruit, train and schedule staff
- Provide staff supervision and feedback
- Potentially assist with social media updates depending on experience and interest.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Has strong communication skills and is a team player
- Is outgoing and friendly
- Is a self starter
- Is well organized and able to make recommendations regarding product selection
- Is able to motivate and coach staff with a variety of experience levels
- Has good housekeeping skills
- An appreciation for and/or experience with sustainability issues, and agricultural knowledge will be beneficial.
This will be a full-time position, with approximately 35 hours per week May to October, 25-30 hours per week November to April.
Some weekend availabillty including Friday evenings may be required.
Please email resume to email@example.com, fax to 519-638-1116, or deliver in person to the farm store cafe.
Please apply by March 17, 2018.
Note: Our deadline has been revised to March 8th, 2018.
Thank you to everyone who applies. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Email this Page